Gym Instructor Course
National Certificate in Gym Instruction
This training programme will prepare you for a career in the sport and active leisure industry as a fitness instructor – teaching gym-based exercise. Throughout this programme you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, the principles of exercise, fitness and health, and relevant health, safety and welfare in the fitness environment. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct a gym-based exercise programme for healthy adults of all ages. You will also learn how to effectively support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
This qualification is endorsed by the Register of Exercise Professionals (UK). REPs UK is the largest register for exercise professionals in the world with over 30,000 members. Through ICREPs, REPs UK is aligned with all national professional registers across Europe, New Zealand and Australia. This qualification is also mapped to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RCF) UK and recognised by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), comparable to Level 4 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland.
Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
- Structure and Function of the Circulatory System
- Structure and Function of the Respiratory System
- Structure and Function of the Skeletal System
- Structure and Function of the Muscular System
- Energy Systems and their Relation to Exercise
- The Nervous System and its Relation to Exercise
Principals of Exercise, Fitness & Health
- Effects of Exercise on the Body
- The Components of Fitness
- Applying the Principles of Fitness to an Exercise Programme
- Contraindications and Key Safety Guidelines for Special Populations
- Monitoring Exercise Intensity
- Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Importance of Healthy Eating
Supporting Clients who partake in Physical Activity
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
- Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
- Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Planning Gym Based Exercise/Resistance (Weight) Training
- Client Health Screening
- Planning Safe and Effective Exercise Programmes
- Client Data Records
Instructing Gym Based Exercise / Resistance (Weight) Training
- Professionalism in Fitness Instruction
- Preparing Gym Equipment for Use
- Instructing Gym Based Exercise
- Supervising, Supporting and Motivating Clients
- Machine Weight & Free Weight Training Programmes
- Exercise Progressions and Variations
Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness Environment
- Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Supporting Clients who Participate in Exercise
Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Health, Safety & Welfare in the Fitness Environment
Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- National Certificate in Gym Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Gym Based Exercise (OFQUAL)
OFQUAL qualifications are aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications (QQI Ireland) at level 4, accredited by REPs UK, recognised in Europe (EREPs) and in Australia/New Zealand through ICREPS. NSC qualifications allow graduates to operate as professional gym instructors and are recognised by industry insurance bodies.
Course Fee: €900
Examination Fee: €150
SPECIAL OFFER: SAVE €100 ON OUR ONLINE PROGRAMME – ONLY €800
€900 is our early bird option which must be paid in full prior to the course start date. Course fees and examination fees must be paid in full prior to final assessments.
A course deposit of €150 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme.
Course fee includes registration, course notes, and certification.
Examination fees of €150 are due in the final week of training.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, some courses will be delivered through blended learning – Uploaded Online Theory Classes to our Learning Platform. Study at any time online.
Please note dates are subject to Government Recommendations regarding COVID-19 and educational institutes opening times.
How to Apply
To apply, fill in our application form by clicking here. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Increase Your Knowledge and Qualification
Add The National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction qualification from only €400.
Add The National Certificate in Personal Training from only €800.
Add both Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer qualifications from only €1,050 (Special Offer 3-in-1 = €1,950).
Terms and conditions apply. Please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.