Special Offer – 3 in 1 Course
This training programme will prepare you for a career in the sport and active leisure industry as a fitness instructor – teaching gym-based exercise. Throughout this programme, you will develop an understanding of anatomy, physiology, the principles of exercise, fitness and health, and relevant health, safety and welfare in the fitness environment. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct a gym-based exercise programme for healthy adults of all ages. You will also learn how to effectively support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
3-in-1: Most Popular – Gym Instructor, Group Fitness (Studio) Instructor and Personal Trainer, for one special price – from only €1,950. Acquire the 3 Universally Recognised Qualifications in the Industry Today. This has been our most popular programme for many years and is highly recommended. Savings of €850 are made with this option!*3-in-1(S): Gym Instructor, Personal Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach, for one special price – from only €2,500. Change our Group Fitness/Studio Instructor qualification for Strength & Conditioning.
Our 3-in-1 Option – Gym Instructor, Group Fitness (Studio) Instructor and Personal Trainer at €1,950 has been our most popular programme for many years and is highly recommended. The additional options such as our 4-in-1 programme will give you additional savings when compared to booking each course separately. Simply put, the more courses that are booked in advance, the greater the savings. However, if you decide to book each course separately at a later stage you will find NSC has some of the best prices for health fitness programmes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions on the above.
These internationally recognised programmes prepare you for a professional career in the health and fitness industry. These courses are designed for people who wish to work as Gym Instructors, Group Fitness (Studio) Instructors, Personal Trainers or Strength & Conditioning Coaches, either as self-employed professionals or as part of a health fitness team in clubs around Ireland and internationally. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a competent trainer, dealing with adults of all ages who wish to participate in exercise and physical activity. This qualification is approved by the Register of Exercise Professionals (UK). REPs UK is the largest register for exercise professionals in the world with over 30,000 members. Through ICREPs, REPs UK is aligned with all national professional registers across Europe, New Zealand and Australia. These qualifications are mapped to the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RCF) and recognised by QQI (Ireland), comparable to Levels 4, 5 and 6 on The National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland.
Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
- Function & Structure of the Circulatory System
- Function & Structure of the Respiratory System
- Function & Structure of the Skeletal System
- Function & Structure of the Muscular System
- Function & Structure of the Digestive System
- Postural & Core Stability
- Energy Systems and their Relationship to Exercise
- The Endocrine System and its Relation to Exercise
- The Nervous System and its Relation to Exercise
Principals of Exercise, Fitness & Health
- Effects of Exercise on the Body
- The Components of Fitness
- Applying the Principles of Fitness to an Exercise Programme
- Contraindications and Key Safety Guidelines for Special Populations
- Monitoring Exercise Intensity
- Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Importance of Healthy Eating
Principles of Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Key Nutritional Terms
- Function of the Metabolism
- Main Food Groups
- Body Composition Analysis
- Calculating Caloric Intake / % Nutrient Breakdown
- Nutritional Goal Setting
- Pre & Post Event Supplementation
Planning Gym Based Exercise/Resistance (Weight) Training
- Client Health Screening
- Planning Safe and Effective Exercise Programmes
- Client Data Records
Instructing Gym Based Exercise / Resistance (Weight) Training
- Professionalism in Fitness Instruction
- Preparing Gym Equipment for Use
- Instructing Gym Based Exercise
- Supervising, Supporting and Motivating Clients
- Machine Weight & Free Weight Training Programmes
- Exercise Progressions and Variations
Planning & Instructing Personal Training Programmes
- Resources required to deliver a Personal Training Session
- Approaching Consultations/Health Screening/Record Keeping
- Interpreting Health History
- Conditions Requiring Medical Clearance
- Goal Setting and Follow-Up Assessments
- Advanced Resistance (Weight) Training
- Advanced Flexibility Training
Supporting Clients who partake in Physical Activity
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
- Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
- Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Health, Safety & Welfare in the Fitness Environment
Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- National Diploma in Personal Training (NSC)
- Certificate in Personal Training (OFQUAL)
- National Certificate Gym Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Gym Based Exercise (OFQUAL)
- National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction (NSC)
- Certificate in Fitness Instruction – Exercise to Music (OFQUAL)
National Diploma in Strength & Conditioning (NSC)
Award in Strength & Conditioning (OFQUAL)
OFQUAL qualifications are recognised in Ireland, comparable at Level 4, 5 and 6 on The National Framework of Qualifications. OFQUAL qualifications are also recognised across Europe, Australia and New Zealand through ICREPs and EQF. Graduates of this programme can obtain professional indemnity insurance to practice in Ireland and across Europe.
Previous Qualifications Required: None. Applicants must be computer literate as course notes are provided online and participants are required to submit project work via email. Please contact our admissions office at 085 800 1221 for more information.
From only €1,950 (3-in-1), €2,500 (3-in-1S) or €2,800 (4-in-1) SPECIAL OFFER: SAVE AN ADDITIONAL €200 OFF PRICES OUTLINED FOR ANY OF OUR ONLINE PROGRAMME PACKAGES BELOW
Course fee includes registration and course notes. Examination fees (€100 per qualification) are due in the final month of training. 3-in-1 examination fees = €300 (€100 per qualification), 4-in-1 examination fees = €400
€1,950 (3-in-1): To avail of this offer the course must be paid in full before the course start date. Save €200 on the normal course fee!
€2,500 (3-in-1S): To avail of this offer the course must be paid in full before the course start date. Save €200 on the normal course fee!
€2,800 (4in1): To avail of this offer the course must be paid in full before the course start date. Save €200 on the normal course fee!
Course and examination fees must be paid in full and on time to register for final assessments.
A course deposit of €150 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme which can be completed by visiting www.gopay.ie and follow the on-site instructions..
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, some courses will be delivered through blended learning – Uploaded Online Theory Classes to our Learning Platform. Study at any time online.
Please note dates are subject to Government Recommendations regarding COVID-19 and educational institutes opening times.
How to Apply
Increase Your Knowledge and Qualification
Add The National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction qualification from only €400.
Add The National Certificate in Personal Training from only €800.
Add both Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer qualifications from only €1,050 (Special Offer 3-in-1 = €1,950).
Terms and conditions apply. Please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.