Level 5 Personal Trainer Course
This internationally recognised, NFQ aligned Level 5 programme prepares you for a professional career in the health and fitness industry. The course is designed for people who wish to work as personal trainers and fitness instructors, either as self employed professionals or as part of a health fitness team in clubs around Ireland and internationally. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a competent personal trainer and fitness instructor, dealing with adults of all ages who wish to participate in exercise and physical activity. This qualification is approved by the Register of Exercise Professionals (UK). REPs UK is the largest register for exercise professionals in the world with over 30,000 members. Through ICREPs, REPs UK is aligned with all national professional registers across Europe, New Zealand and Australia. This qualification is also mapped to the Qualifications & Credit Framework (UK) and aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Ireland at Level 5.
Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
- Function & Structure of the Circulatory System
- Function & Structure of the Respiratory System
- Function & Structure of the Skeletal System
- Function & Structure of the Muscular System
- Function & Structure of the Digestive System
- Postural & Core Stability
- Energy Systems and their Relationship to Exercise
- The Endocrine System and its Relation to Exercise
- The Nervous System and its Relation to Exercise
Principles of Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Key Nutritional Terms
- Function of the Metabolism
- Main Food Groups
- Body Composition Analysis
- Calculating Caloric Intake / % Nutrient Breakdown
- Nutritional Goal Setting
- Pre & Post Event Supplementation
Planning & Instructing Personal Training Programmes
- Resources required to deliver a Personal Training Session
- Approaching Consultations/Health Screening/Record Keeping
- Interpreting Health History
- Conditions Requiring Medical Clearance
- Goal Setting and Follow Up Assessments
- Advanced Resistance (Weight) Training
- Advanced Flexibility Training
Planning & Instructing Gym Based Exercise / Resistance (Weight) Training
- Appropriate Screening Procedures
- Safety Procedures in the Gym
- Machine & Free Weight Training Programmes
- Contraindicated Exercises
- Exercise Progressions and Variations
Supporting Clients who partake in Physical Activity
- Building Effective Working Relationships with Clients
- Addressing Barriers to Exercise/Physical Activity that Clients Experience
- Supporting Clients Participating in Exercise/Physical Activity
- Providing Ongoing Customer Service
Health, Safety & Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Emergency Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Health & Safety Procedures in a Fitness Environment
- Controlling Risks in a Fitness Environment
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- National Diploma in Personal Training (NSC)
- NFQ Aligned Certificate in Personal Training (VTCT
VTCT qualifications are aligned to The National Framework of Qualifications (QQI Ireland) at Level 5 and REPs Europe (EREPs) at Level 4. VTCT qualifications are also recognised in Australia and New Zealand through ICREPs.
The NSC personal trainer qualification is recognised by the relevant insurance bodies.
Previous qualifications required for this programme: Current Recognised Gym Instructor Qualification endorsed by NFQ and REPs.
If you do not hold any fitness qualification you can complete our gym instructor programme and progress to our personal trainer programme – click on GYM INSTRUCTOR or 3-IN-1 SPECIAL OFFER for more details. Applicants must be computer literate as course notes are provided online and participants are required to submit project work via email. Please contact our admissions office for more information.
Course Fee: €800
SPECIAL OFFER: SAVE €100 ON OUR ONLINE PROGRAMME – ONLY €700
€800 is our payment option which must be paid in full prior to the course start date. Course fees and examination fees must be paid in full prior to final assessments.
A course deposit of €150 must be paid to reserve a student place on this programme.
Course fee includes registration, course notes, and certification.
Examination Fee: €150
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, some courses will be delivered through blended learning – Uploaded Online Theory Classes to our Learning Platform. Study at any time online.
Please note dates are subject to Government Recommendations regarding COVID-19 and educational institutes opening times.
How to Apply
Increase Your Knowledge and Qualification
Add The National Certificate in Group Fitness Instruction qualification from only €400.
Add The National Certificate in Personal Training from only €800.
Add both Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer qualifications from only €1,050 (Special Offer 3-in-1 = €1,950).
Terms and conditions apply. Please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.